Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Whew! With Thanksgiving behind me and Christmas hype EVERYWHERE, a girl just has to buckle her seat belts and hang on!!! Or does she?  I'm starting my December by getting up just a bit earlier and plopping in my new favorite chair with a mug of coffee in my newly redone living room in front of the newly decorated (OK...it's calling me to finish once I punctuate this blog entry) Christmas tree to read a chunk of the Bible's account of the birth of Christ Jesus fresh and new each morning.  It slows me to the crawl of Nazareth's gentle hum.  The bleat of a goat.  The wind in the trees.  It calms me to a new pace.  

I've purged my home of lots of clutter in these past months, but the clutter of voices tugging at me, to-do lists shouting my name. Calm.  It's a treasure this chair, this coffee, this bible.  Jesus whispers here.  

I need a purging. Do you?  I invite you to join me. It's delightful.


No comments:

Post a Comment